Closing Date: Friday 20th May 2022
Pay: £11.51 per hour during any period of training, £23.02 per hour for operational deployment
Contract type: Zero Hours
Humberside Fire and Rescue Service is looking for people to become Resilience Fire Crew (RFC) to help keep local people safe in the event of spate conditions within East Riding of Yorkshire, Hull, North Lincolnshire and North East Lincolnshire.
There will be no average day for a member of our Resilience Crew. You could be attending a fire or a road traffic collision, helping to save lives and providing emergency fire and rescue cover for the people of Humberside. The Resilience Crew will be called on for any spate conditions.
There may be a requirement to work 2 consecutive shifts (up to12 hours each shift). Therefore, a Resilience Crew member could work for 24 hours with appropriate rest periods included.
We will provide you with an intensive training programme and all of the support you will need. You will work in teams drawn from people who you will train with and this will include some of our experienced staff.
You will be required to be medically and physically fit and the national Firefighter Selection Test (NFST) will be an integral part of our selection process.
You must be available to attend a four- day training course
- Take part in a continuous training programme by attending theoretical training sessions, exercises, practical drill sessions and other forms of training to maintain competence levels
- Attend a number of training sessions a year.
You are required to:
- Pass the National Fitness Selection Tests – which includes working within confined spaces, a manual dexterity test and being able to work at height.
- Undertake an interview.
- Undergo in-depth medical examinations to ensure you are suitable to undertake demanding firefighting duties.
- Successful applicants are required to undertake a Basic Disclosure check and provide references.
Please note: The role is not a full-time or on-call firefighter role, it is to provide cover when required
If you have any further queries, please email HR@humbersidefire.gov.uk
The closing date for completed applications is 9am on Friday 20th May 2022.
Any offer of employment will be subject to DBS clearance.
Humberside Fire and Rescue Service is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community that are currently under-represented at Humberside Fire and Rescue Service, including women, ethnic minorities and applicants with disabilities.