Closing Date: Wednesday 25th May at 5pm
Contract Type: Permanent
Applications from competent substantive Watch Managers for transfer and competent substantive Crew Managers seeking promotion are now invited for the Watch Manager Talent Pipeline 2022.
Please note applicants must hold a minimum of one continuous year as a Crew Manager (this may include a period of temporary that continued onto substantive promotion).
This process will enable Humberside Fire and Rescue Service to meet the demands of current and future vacancies across the organisation during the next two years.
The Service is looking for individuals who, as positive role models, will put our communities first, act with integrity, dignity and respect and actively promote equality, diversity, and inclusion.
All appointable candidates will be offered the next available vacancy, be that a Service Delivery station based vacancy or a ‘day post’ in a specialised area.
To apply, please submit the following:
- A completed Humberside Fire & Rescue application form
- Supporting documentary evidence to demonstrate that you are or that you hold the following essential criteria:
- Individual Development Plan
- Continuing professional development evidence (CPD)
- Current Performance Development Review/Staff Appraisal
- Competent and up to date with all training in your existing role
- Evidence of sufficient incident command experience/riding in charge of a fire engine
- Meet the pre-requisite (essential criteria) of the role you are applying for and any other criteria contained within the advert
- In date fitness test at the point of application
- No outstanding disciplinary or performance sanctions
The above will form part of the pre-employment screening process for all applicants and will be undertaken by HR.
Your application form and supporting evidence should be submitted to email@example.com
by 5pm on Wednesday 25th May. We regret that any application received after this date and time, or submitted without the correct documentary evidence, will be unable to be considered.
- Application and supporting evidence submitted by 5pm on Wednesday 25th May
- Shortlisting to begin w/c 30th May
- A written report and presentation to be presented at the interview is to be, submitted by 12 noon on Wednesday 22nd June
- It is anticipated that panel interviews will take place, in person, from Wednesday 29th June – Friday 8th July (depending on the availability of the panel) at SHQ or Beverley Fire Station.
Should you be shortlisted for an interview, you will be required to:
- Compile a written report (maximum 1000 words), the subject of which is:
“How would you as a WM counter SILO working to coordinate station activities and thereby improve engagement and service outcomes for the local community?”
You will also be asked to present a 5 minutes summary of your report to the interview panel. Please ensure your report is emailed to us by 12 noon on Wednesday 22nd June. Reports should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Compile and deliver a 20 minutes PowerPoint presentation (or other media of your choosing) on the following topic:
“How would you engage with your local community to improve diversity in recruitment and promote HFRS as an employer of choice?”
The presentation should be based around our strategic priorities:
- What we must do well
- How we support our communities
- We value and support the people we employ
- We efficiently manage the Service
Please ensure your presentation is emailed to us by 12 noon on Wednesday 22nd June. Presentations should be emailed to email@example.com
Should you require consideration to be given to reasonable adjustments for disabilities, please contact us as soon as possible (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Should you secure a position within the Watch Manager Pipeline, you will be posted in accordance with the Talent Pipeline process and be required to remain in that post for a minimum of two years prior to requesting a transfer. Please note that you may be posted anywhere within the Humberside Fire and Rescue Service area.
All correspondence regarding Watch Manager applications will be sent via email.
Should you have any enquiries about this pipeline, please contact us: email@example.com
Humberside Fire and Rescue Service is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community that are currently under-represented at Humberside Fire and Rescue Service, including women, Ethnic Minorities, and applicants with disabilities.