Red Cross support
The Red Cross Fire and Emergency Support Service (FESS) is a team of dedicated volunteers who are available to assist members of the community after they have been affected by fire, flooding and other emergencies.
The team play an important role offering assistance to those who may have suffered from a fire or flood, and help people deal with emotions associated with the loss of their home and belongings.
Services that the Red Cross provide:
- Immediate temporary shelter
- Emotional support
- Practical assistance
- Clothing, toiletries and refreshments
- Shower/washing and toilet facilities
- Use of telephone/ camera to assist with insurance claims, signposting to other agencies
- Help in securing temporary accommodation
- Advice on care/ replacement of damaged property
You can find out more about the Red Cross Fire and Emergency Support Service on their website.