Within this area of our website we have information and top tips on ways you can make your home safer, such as:
- Fit smoke alarms and test them regularly
- Never leave cooking unattended
- Plan and practise your escape route
- Switch off appliances before going to bed – including your cooker
- Close all internal doors to prevent a fire from spreading
- Share your safety plans with family and friends and look out for the elderly
Find out more safety advice through our webpages and in the PDF version of our Home Fire Safety Booklet.