Safety in the home advice
Below are ways you can make your home safer:
- Fit smoke alarms and test them regularly
- Never leave cooking unattended
- Plan and practise your escape route
- Switch off appliances before going to bed – including your cooker
- Close all internal doors to prevent a fire from spreading
- Share your safety plans with family and friends and look out for the elderly
Take a look at the links on the right for more information about various aspects of safety in the home.
Key information in many major languages can be found below and can be downloaded and printed.