Humberside Fire and Rescue Service (HFRS) staff, partner agencies and members of the public have been recognised as part of an awards ceremony.
The 13th annual Recognition Awards took place at Hessle’s Country Park on Friday 12 November. The evening celebrates members of HFRS staff, partner agencies and members of the public who have made a positive impact on their peers, the organisation or the community.
Unfortunately, last year, due to restrictions, the Recognition Awards event could not take place. Rewarding and recognising those who have gone above and beyond to support the Service and local community are vitally important and HFRS ran a nomination and selection process, winners from 2020 joined the evening and were welcomed on stage to a round of applause.
Almost 60 nominations were received from members of HFRS staff across eight categories and these were whittled down to just three in each category by a panel of judges.
A special Chief’s Award was presented to a member of staff who had been chosen by Chief Fire Officer and Chief Executive Chris Blacksell.
The categories and winners, including sponsors, are shown below:
- Innovation Award (sponsored by Howdens), winners Joanne Mankel and Sarah Baker
- Outstanding Contribution Award, winner Bernadette McKiernan
- Outstanding Contribution to The Fire Fighters Charity, winners Steven and Rachel Hodgson
- Partnership of the Year, winner Fleet Factors
- Team of the Year, winners Ultra-Distance Cycle Team
- Fire Station/Watch of the Year (sponsored by Scania), winners Control Green Watch
- Team Mate of the Year (sponsored by PBI Performance Products), winners Matthew Glew
- Local Hero Award, winners Kevin and Mark Dockerty
- Chief’s Award (sponsored by FireAngel), winner Lisa Smith
Almost 160 guests attended the celebration event, which was hosted by local radio presenter Lizzie Rose. Tommy Coyle, former professional boxer turned businessman and founder of The Tommy Coyle Foundation, was the special guest on the evening.
The Service would like to thank its sponsors, FireAngel, Howdens, PBI Performance Products and Scania for supporting the event and congratulate each nominee for their achievements.