Make sure the Christmas list isn't the only thing you're checking twice this festive season.
With just three full days to go until Christmas Day, Humberside Fire and Rescue Service is asking residents to take a moment to consider fire safety ahead of the celebrations.
Good habits to stay safe and well this Christmas:
- If you’re still doing your Christmas shopping it can be tempting to get the best deals possible. But don’t get caught out by scams and ask yourself, “is it too good to be true?” Often cheaper electrical products are at greater risk of catching fire.
- Check electric items including electric blankets and fairy lights for wear and tear before plugging in
- Don’t overload sockets
- Never leave a burning candle unattended or near to anything that could catch fire such as decorations, cards, curtains or Christmas trees
- Do not leave pans unattended or leave children unattended when cooking
- Be extra careful if you are lighting the Christmas Pudding! Don't overdo the brandy!
DO remember to check your smoke alarm regularly.
Follow these simple tips to ensure that you and your family have a safe and happy Christmas.