Humberside Fire and Rescue Service’s (HFRS) 15th annual Recognition Awards took place at the MKM Stadium, Hull on Friday 10 November. The evening celebrates staff, partner agencies and members of the public who have made a positive impact on their peers, the organisation, and the community.
Reward and recognition are vitally important, and HFRS continues to highlight and celebrate those who have gone beyond to support the Service and local community.
HFRS received 85 nominations across nine categories, and these were whittled down to just three in each category by a panel of judges.
A special Chief’s Award was presented to a member of staff who had been chosen by Chief Fire Officer and Chief Executive, Phil Shillito.
The categories and winners, including sponsors, are shown below:
- Innovation Award, winner: Jo Mann.
- Most Influential Person Award, winner: Simon Rhodes.
- Partnership of the Year, winner: Home First.
- Team of the Year, winners: On-Call Support Team.
- Full-Time/Control Watch of the Year (sponsored by Scania), winners: Calvert Lane Blue Watch.
- On-Call Fire Station of the Year: Crowle Fire Station.
- Employer Recognition Award: BAE Systems.
- Colleague of the Year, (sponsored by PBI Performance Products), winner: Aaron Bore.
- Unsung Hero Award (sponsored by Capsticks) winner: Craig and Lewis Smith, and Christopher Stork.
- Chief’s Award, winner: Ian Johnson
160 guests attended the celebration event, which was hosted by local radio presenter Lizzie Rose.
The Service would like to thank its sponsors, Howdens, Scania, PBI Performance Products and Capsticks, for supporting the event and congratulate each nominee for their achievements.