In the event of a fire, getting everyone out quickly and safely is the number one priority.
➢ Plan a safe escape
• Plan an escape route and make sure everyone knows how to get out
• Make sure exits are kept clear
• The best route is the normal way in and out of your home
• Plan a second route in case the first one is blocked
• Take a few minutes to practice your escape plan
• Review your plan if the layout of your home changes
• Keep door and window keys where everyone can find them
Whatever your type of home, please familiarise yourself with the above and the further advice given on our Escape Routes page.
We have a section dedicated to high-rise living.